[PyKDE] French translation news

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Sep 8 13:21:37 BST 2004

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 5. September 2004 12:40 schrieb jul:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to anounce I have finished the french eric translation.
> I will send you the translation file very soon, but I still have to test
> the different translated dialogs of eric.
>
> I'm still working with the last snapshot (20040821), and I have little
> remarks:
> - Concerning the integrated Python shell:
>   1) As I said in a previous mail, the paste command (from sheet to
> shell) doesn't work correctly particularly with indentations. Try to
> paste a function or class definition in the shell and you should see the
> problem.

I could reproduce this behavior. It is not a problem of the indentations but
of the newlines if you paste a complete line. As shell is supposed to work it
a line oriented fashion, you are not supposed to copy/paste multiple lines.
I'll have to include a check for this.

>    2) I have a bug when using the passive mode debugger. Just press
> "Enter" in the passive mode degugger, and you should obtain a TypeError:
> file: Shell.py, line 432 in keyPressEvent
> TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, instance found
> (To test, you have to set the passive debug mode in the settings before)

I could reproduce this one as well and will have a look into it.

>    3) Trying to report the previous error, I notice that we unfortunatly
> can't select and copy the error message from the stderr window. It
> would be great to modify the frame behavior.

I'll put this on the wishlist for 3.6.

> - Concerning translation:
>    1) I have translated and validated ALL strings, but some windows
> still appear in English. For example, the QFileDialog, QInputDialog or
> QFontDialog wizzards still beeing in English. I don't understand the
> behavior because German and Russian translations don't have the same
> problem...
>
>    2) Some of the strings were difficult to translate because french
> equivalent words don't always exist. So I ask for french people to be
> indulgent if translation doesn't seem exact enough. Their corrections
> will be very welcome.
>
>    3) Good luck for other translators! It's long but you can do it! ;)
>
> Regards,
> ++
> Jul.

Detlev