[PyKDE] Script to map KDE icons to Eric3 icons

Troy Melhase troy at gci.net
Mon Sep 13 07:22:35 BST 2004

Hi:

Attached to this message is a script that maps KDE icons to the names that
Eric3 needs.  Basically, this script can turn whatever KDE icon theme you
name into a set of icons for Eric3.

Usage is simple.  Create an empty directory, copy the script and then run it
like so:

$ mkdir eric-sparkling
$ cd eric-sparkling/
$ cp /path/to/attached/script/make_eric3_kde_icons.py .
$ ./make_eric3_kde_icons.py
Usage:
        ./make_eric3_kde_icons.py icon_theme [icon_size]

Example:
        ./make_eric3_kde_icons.py sparkling 16x16

$ ./make_eric3_kde_icons.py sparkling 16x16
Using KDE icon directory name sparkling, icon size 16x16.
Done.  Configure Eric3 to use this directory for its icons.
$

Then fire up Eric3 and configure its icon directory to the one you've made.

The script is by no means bullet proof -- use it at your own risk.  Also, it
doesn't map each and every possible icon -- that's for you to do if you're
inclined (but please send me an update if you do).  The mapping is part of a
simple string near the top of the script.

Enjoy!

Troy Melhase, troy at gci.net
--
I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson