[PyKDE] Newbie questions about SIP

igor cananea iccananea at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 04:08:45 BST 2004

Hi, there!

I´m starting a project at my job and I intend to integrate python with
C++ to get the job done. I´ve used SWIG to integrate my python/C code
but I want to use SIP because of the integration with QT. I have two
questions for now:

1) The simple example in the documentation at
http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/docs/sip/sipref.html#a-simple-c-example
simply doesn´t work. Every time I invoke the reverse method, I get a
strange string printed out. I have coded a very simple class to go
along with the interface and it didin´t work. I did work when I
changed the type to int. But what are the problems with char pointers?
Can anybody point me to a working example (all coded, not just the
interface)?

2) Is there an archive of the mailing list that I can do a search? I
bet many of my future questions have already been answered.

    Igor Chaves Cananéa
    Emails: iccananea at gmail.com
                icc at gprt.ufpe.br

"In a world without FENCES and WALLS, who needs GATES and WINDOWS?"