[PyKDE] C++ code generation problem: longlong is undefined

Vincent Jong vjong at jandjgraphics.com
Sat Dec 17 02:55:05 GMT 2005

I've downloaded the latest version of PyKDE from the website and I've been
having problems compiling it on my RedHat 7.3 system using KDE 3.1.1. I'm
using SIP version 4.3.1 and PyQT 3.15. Everytime it gets to generating the
c++ source code for the kdecore module, it errors with:

sip: longlong is undefined
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

My plan is to build this for both Python 2.3 and Python 2.4 and the same
error happens both times. The configuration I'm using is:

python2.3 configure.py -k /usr -L /usr/lib -n /usr/lib/kde3/

And if compiling for Python2.4:

python2.4 configure.py -k /usr -L /usr/lib -n /usr/lib/kde3/

Although this can be wrong as I'm not really sure of a couple of things
like where the kde3 header files are located, but from the output it seems
to find KDE as it outputs the correct version:

KDE version is 3.1.1 (0x30101)

How can I get PyKDE to build and install?

Thanks for your time and consideration in this matter.

Vincent J.