[PyKDE] C++ code generation problem: longlong is undefined

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Dec 17 06:19:10 GMT 2005

On Friday 16 December 2005 19:38, Vincent Jong wrote:
> I've downloaded the latest version of PyKDE from the website and I've
>  been having problems compiling it on my RedHat 7.3 system using KDE
>  3.1.1. I'm using SIP version 4.3.1 and PyQT 3.15. Everytime it gets to
>  generating the c++ source code for the kdecore module, it errors with:
>
> sip: longlong is undefined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
>
> My plan is to build this for both Python 2.3 and Python 2.4 and the same
> error happens both times. The configuration I'm using is:
>
> python2.3 configure.py -k /usr -L /usr/lib -n /usr/lib/kde3/
>
> And if compiling for Python2.4:
>
> python2.4 configure.py -k /usr -L /usr/lib -n /usr/lib/kde3/
>
> Although this can be wrong as I'm not really sure of a couple of things
> like where the kde3 header files are located, but from the output it
>  seems to find KDE as it outputs the correct version:
>
> KDE version is 3.1.1 (0x30101)
>
> How can I get PyKDE to build and install?
>
> Thanks for your time and consideration in this matter.

At the end of sip/kdecore/kconfigbase.sip there is a block of code wrapped
like this:

%If (KDE_3_2_0 - )
%MappedType longlong

%End
};
%End

change it to:

%MappedType longlong

%End
};

and do the same thing for the block that follows for %MappedType ulonglong.

I'm not sure how that crept in or why it would be required - seems like that
code should still work for KDE 3.1.x.

Let me know if that fixes the problem or cause some other problem. I probably
haven't tested with KDE 3.1 in a while.

Jim