[PyKDE] eric3 development question

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Feb 13 19:11:30 GMT 2005

Am Sonntag, 13. Februar 2005 02:08 schrieb Eric Jardim:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know some things about eric3 development:
>    1 - Who is behind the eric3 development?

It is 99% just me, with some people contributing mainly by detecting bugs to
keep me busy.

>    Can ordinary people (like
> me) participate on its development?

This is a definitive Yes.

>    2 - If yes, where can I find more information and docs, access to
> CVS repositories and else more?

Everything that is available comes with the eric3 package.

>    3 - As Qt4 is coming, does another version of eric3 (eric4?) would
> be released? Would it be written under PyQt4?

I'll think about this when Qt4 and PyQt4 are available.

>    4 - Are you prepared for that change? Is somebody evaluating Qt4?

see above

>    5 - What kind of help do you need (if needed)? Analysis,
> developers, docs, tutorials, translations, prospection, publicity,
> etc?

Docs would be highly appreciated. I think the lack good end user documentation
is eric3's biggest weekness. If you would be willing to get rid of this
"bug", I (and the eric3 community) would be very happy.

Tutorials, publicity, translations are welcome as well. Same is valid for code
contributions. Just let me know what you have in mind and we'll discuss it
further via private email.

> Well, I deduce you understood my intentions on helping the project.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> [Eric Jardim]

Regards,
Detlev