[PyKDE] eric3: Trying to export a new project from SVN

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Jan 29 09:06:09 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 16:59 schrieb Calvin Spealman:
> I am trying to see how eric3 works with me, because I am hearing good
> things and like what I've seen so far. However, it isn't cooperating. I
> have a local repository and I want to export a project from it. However,
> when I try to do this, eric3 seems to be creating the WC directory before
> executing the svn command, which then complains because the directory
> already exists... any ideas what I could be doing wrong, or is this a bug
> with eric3?

I can reproduce it, which means it is a bug. However, "checkout" or "New from
Repository" works ok. The difference between the later one and the Export is,
that export gets a copy, that isn't connected to the repository anymore ("svn
export") while the New from gets a working copy ("svn checkout"). Therfore
"New from Repository" is probably the command you wanted to execute.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de