[PyKDE] Missing classes (sip-4.2rc1 and PyKDE-3.11.3)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Jan 30 10:24:05 GMT 2005

On Saturday 29 January 2005 13:42, David Boddie wrote:
> Has anyone else tried to use PyKDE with sip-4.2rc1 yet? My experience is
> that I can get the modules built and installed, but that not all of the
> classes are present when various modules are imported. For example, in
> kdecore, I find that KStdAction is not found in kdeui (this breaks the
> pyKHTMLPart.py example) and that the KParts namespace is not available
> in the kparts module.

Looks like sip has a problem with namespaces (KStdAction is a namespace too)?
I get the same thing here. I did a very quick look at the generated code and
didn't notice any differences - might be a problem with the sip runtime
finding namespace "classes"?

I didn't notice this on the snapshots, but also didn't look for it.

> I initially tried to use the PyKDE snapshot, PyKDE-snapshot20050104.tar.gz,
> with sip-4.2rc1, and later tried PyKDE-3.11.3 with much the same result
> (although some .sip files needed help with their enum value definitions
> when being built).

The snapshot principally fixes the enum value change in sip (along with
updated KDE versions)

> All of the above was attempted with Python 2.3.3 and the PyQt snapshot,
> PyQt-x11-gpl-snapshot-20050122.tar.gz.

Jim