[PyKDE] [eric3] file/class browser

Cedric BRINER cedric.briner at obs.unige.ch
Tue Jul 12 20:08:34 BST 2005

> > 1) how can I do to use the ``window>project browser'' on a site-package.
>
> Just use the built in file browser. You can even have it remember the
> sqlobject site-package and display it on the top level.
great .
how do you do that eric remember it ?

the built in file browser comes with the debuger window. It consumes a lot of space to have both
windows: project and debugger. Maybe, the best will be to have in the source browser the source of the project
in a certain color and in a more shaded color the python file belonging to the distribution ( not all,
but only the one that people wants to see)

> > 2) is there a way to point out in the project browser, where we are.
> > eg: we are in the module test.py, inside a class Foo, inside the definition
> > bar and then we ask ``point me in the project borwser''
> >
> > and then project browser goes
> >
> > from:
> >      |-- test1.py
> >
> >      `-- test2.py
> >
> >         |-- cFoo21
> >
> >         `-- cFoo22
> >           `-- fBar221
> >
> > to:
> >      |-- test1.py
> >      |  |-- cFooWhatEver
> >      |  |-- cFoo
> >      |  |
> >      |  |  |-- dBarWhatElse
> >      |  |
> >      |  |  `-- dBar   <<----- with this line enlighted ??
> >      |  `-- cFooOrWhat
> >
> >      `-- test2.py
> >
> >         |-- cFoo21
> >
> >         `-- cFoo22
> >           `-- fBar221
> >

> > Ced.
>
> That could be added. What would it be good for?
mmh. firstly, for coherence. from a window you can point out in the other window
and vice-versa.

Secondly, as I told you, if you start using a new module or a new site-package when
you use a method/class in your python project. You can desire to see how the stuff
that you use is made off. But now, you only have the half of the tool. You can
find a definition, but you cannot see how this method/function in is oo space. So you
cannot easily browse this part of the project (yeah I know, this part is not really
belonging to the project :) )

--

                                                        obs.unige.ch
        *       +41(o)22                             AT/