[PyKDE] [eric3] file/class browser

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Jul 15 17:34:17 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 21:08 schrieb Cedric BRINER:
> > > 1) how can I do to use the ``window>project browser'' on a
> > > site-package.
> >
> > Just use the built in file browser. You can even have it remember the
> > sqlobject site-package and display it on the top level.
>
> great .
> how do you do that eric remember it ?

Just use the context menu over the directory you want to remember and select
"Add as toplevel directory". Alternatively you may use "New toplevel
directory" of the context menu and select it via a directory selection
dialog.

> the built in file browser comes with the debuger window. It consumes a lot
> of space to have both windows: project and debugger. Maybe, the best will
> be to have in the source browser the source of the project in a certain
> color and in a more shaded color the python file belonging to the
> distribution ( not all, but only the one that people wants to see)

The file browser can be changed to be part of the project browser window (see
configuration dialog, Interface page).

> > > 2) is there a way to point out in the project browser, where we are.
> > > eg: we are in the module test.py, inside a class Foo, inside the
> > > definition bar and then we ask ``point me in the project borwser''
> > >
> > > and then project browser goes
> > >
> > > from:
> > >      |-- test1.py
> > >
> > >      `-- test2.py
> > >
> > >         |-- cFoo21
> > >
> > >         `-- cFoo22
> > >           `-- fBar221
> > >
> > > to:
> > >      |-- test1.py
> > >      |  |-- cFooWhatEver
> > >      |  |-- cFoo
> > >      |  |
> > >      |  |  |-- dBarWhatElse
> > >      |  |
> > >      |  |  `-- dBar   <<----- with this line enlighted ??
> > >      |  `-- cFooOrWhat
> > >
> > >      `-- test2.py
> > >
> > >         |-- cFoo21
> > >
> > >         `-- cFoo22
> > >           `-- fBar221
> > >

> > > Ced.
> >
> > That could be added. What would it be good for?
>
> mmh. firstly, for coherence. from a window you can point out in the other
> window and vice-versa.
>
> Secondly, as I told you, if you start using a new module or a new
> site-package when you use a method/class in your python project. You can
> desire to see how the stuff that you use is made off. But now, you only
> have the half of the tool. You can find a definition, but you cannot see
> how this method/function in is oo space. So you cannot easily browse this
> part of the project (yeah I know, this part is not really belonging to the
> project :) )
>
> > Detlev
> > --
> > Detlev Offenbach