[PyKDE] PyKDE on Gentoo

Aurel (DustyDingo) W. aurel.w at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:23:21 BST 2005

Hi, I am new to all this PyQt/KDE stuff and currently developing a
little application using PyQt.

Now i also want to use some KDE features, but i have problems with the
python bindings for the libs on Gentoo. There is a package called
"pykde" in the portage tree, but that doesn't work with kdelibs
versions >= 3.3.1. There is also no suitable package in the
"kdebindings-meta".

Whats alls about this this? I heard, that the PyQt and PyKDE bindings
are now maintained in the KDE-Project, so there should be some
packages like "kde-base/PyQt" and "kde-base/PyKDE", but there is still
this old one "dev-python/pykde"?

So is there a way to get PyKDE running on Gentoo? I tried to compile a
cvs snapshot of PyKDE from
http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/snapshots/PyKDE/ (worked
fine first, but i get bad memory acces errors, when running
applications), but I don't know if this are the "old" kdebindings or
the new one maintained by the kde-project?

Can anyone give me more information on this issues, because it's a bit
confusing, what are now the "real" bidnings.