[PyKDE] Qt4 and uic - dynamic generation

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Thu Jul 21 11:25:21 BST 2005

On the topic of Qt4 and the uic (sorry - I had my options set to digest in
text form, so I couldn't keep the references)...

Would it be possible for PyQt to have the ability to dynamically interpret
Qt designer files, and construct dialogs classes from these at runtime?
This would be much nicer than having to generate Python source code. This
would be like Glade in GTK.

Presumably (not having looked at the uic format) this may not be very hard
to do, given Python's dynamic nature.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jeremy at jeremysanders.net>