[PyKDE] PyQt and sip: WId is undefined

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Tue Jun 21 15:44:55 BST 2005

If the application you are packaging sticks to the Qt API and does not
use X11-specific stuff (i.e. it's not a KDE app), there should be no
difference in functionality under Aqua and X. It will look different,
because Qt conforms to the interface conventions of each platform it
runs on, but it also abstracts those differences away from the developer
(unlike wxWidgets, which requires some Mac-specific hacks to get the
"about" menu in the right place).

Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com.
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com