[PyKDE] ANN: PyKDE Extensions 0.1.0

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon May 16 23:14:52 BST 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 13:38, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 20:35, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > """PyKDE Extensions is a collection of software and Python packages to
> > support the creation and installation of KDE applications."""
> >
> > http://www.simonzone.com/software/pykdeextensions/
> >
> > First release is now available for testing and trying out.
> >
> > Featuring:
> >
> > * Extra support for setup.py scripts for installing KDE programs, docbook
> > documenation, i18n.
> > * runtime Qt-Designer intergration.
> > * uninstall command for setup.py
> > * Application templates (currently 2).
> >
> > It's a < 1.0 development release, but what is there should already be
> > useful.
> >
> > feedback welcome, cheers,
>
> Great. Could the modules from the package be included in the PyKDE package
and
> in kdebindings?

I would like to include it in kdebindings when the package has been field
tested somewhat and is reasonably complete. Keeping it separate makes it
easier to distribute development versions IMHO.

KDE 3.5 maybe.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/