[PyKDE] How is the PyQt Documentation generated?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 08:22:41 GMT 2005

> I am trying to see how to fix the problem I reported last week with the
> PyQt
> docs, but am unable to see how to do it. Does the source tarball contain
> all
> the files needed to generate PyQt.html? I'm not very familiar with
> docbook,
> but I thought it should be fairly easy to do this (unless I'm just too
> stupid
> to work it out). I have all the necessary docbook stuff installed, and
> thought I could just use xsltproc to transform PyQt.sgml (from the pyqt
> source) into PyQt.html. But all I get is parser errors (the doctype
> declaration is wrong and there are unrecognized entity refs).

The docs are built using the sgmltools-lite (or something like that)
package. I have looked at the problem and I think it's a bug in sgmltools
(or one of its dependencies) and not in the source SGML. I'm running
Gentoo. If anybody can build the HTML from the SGML without errors on
their system I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Docbook won't be used for PyQt4 - I'll use ReST as SIP does at the moment.