[PyKDE] SIP and distutils

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Oct 11 14:31:25 BST 2005

Hello,

SIP uses sipconfig as build system. The documentation hints something about
integration with distutils, but it doesn't go into details. Given the amount
of development that it is going on with distutils (setuptools, easyinstall,
.egg packages, etc.) I believe it would be helpful if SIP shipped with a
more tight integration with distutils. I'd be happy to contirbute it (since
I start needing it) if I could get some details on the right way of doing
it.

Anybody has previous experience on this? Phil, what do you suggest?
--
Giovanni Bajo