[PyKDE] RE: Problem compiling ui files in GPL'd Eric3

Rick Zoerner rick at zoerner.com
Sun Oct 16 16:02:27 BST 2005

Thanks, but my first problem is that I don't know exactly what directory is
"containing my QT installation". I can't assign it to QTDIR because I don't
know how to identify it. Maybe you could tell me a specific file to search
for that will identify which directory is considered my QT installation
directory?

I used the PyQTGPL10.exe file and it puts files in several different
locations - and scrolls across the screen so fast I can't read it while it
is happening.

All the directories seem to be subordinate to the Python24 directory,
though.
The preferences dialog, QT page, already says C:\Python24 and the checkbox
is checked.

I only started with the old snapshot as part of the initial install, I have
since tried 3.7.2 and I am now using 3.8.0-rc1.

For the QT installation directory I've tried:
C:\Python24
C:\Python24\
C:\Python24\bin
C:\Python24\bin\
C:\Python24\sip
C:\Python24\sip\
And I've even tried reversing the slash marks in case it wants to read them
unix style instead of windows style.

And it still doesn't work - on EITHER of my systems, with ANY version of
Eric3.
Frustrating... Every other feature I've tried works just like I expect it
to.

Regards,
Rick