[PyKDE] configure.py and feature file

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Sep 7 14:22:49 BST 2005

Hello,

why does configure.py use an existing feature file, *by default*, if it
finds one? The usual behaviour of configure scripts is to recheck the status
of the whole system each time they're invoked. After a recompilation of Qt,
I'd expect "configure -c && make && make install" to be sufficient. Instead,
since it reuses the existing feature file, compilation may break.

I am not sure saving a few seconds of compilation of mkfeatures.cpp is worth
the building headaches. I reckon it'd be better if configure.py could do
just that, and reconfigure everything from scratch.
--
Giovanni Bajo