[PyKDE] Questions about PyKDE

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Apr 5 07:42:57 BST 2006

Hello,

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:14, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 April 2006 10:43, Michal Krenek wrote:
> > In my distribution (Arch Linux) PyKDE is not included in kdebindinbgs
> > package (because of some build problems in the past). So I have tried to
> > build it myself. But there goes first question - should I use PyKDE
> > snapshot package from here or PyKDE included in kdebindings 3.5.2? Which
> > version of PyKDE is newer? How are snapshots from here related to PyKDE
> > included in kdebindings?

> > Then I have tried to build PyKDE from kdebindings-3.5.2 (only PyKDE, not
> > other things from kdebindings - I have kdebindings installed). I have
> > patched it with configure.py.diff patch from Gentoo (without this patch,
it
> > is giving me TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument
> > 'builddir'). But it also failed:

> > What am I doing wrong?
> It looks like you're using a sip version that's newer than what the tarball
or
> kde-bindings packages expect. The tarball errors look like some sip function
> calls that may have been obsoleted in sip 4.4.x; the kde-bindings errors
> appear to be from earlier sip changes (4.3?) in how config files are
> constructed.

kde-bindings contains copies of SIP, PyQt and PyKDE that are known to work
together and have been tested with the version of KDE that kde-bindings ships
with. It is more or less provided for convienence. If it is not working for
you (or gentoo!) then you should file a bug at bugs.kde.org, or email me
directly. Build problems in kdebindings are not going to fix themselves
unless people actually "sound the alarm". (What is the patch from gentoo
anyway??)

(oh, the snapshots from Jim are always more update to date than what is in
kdebindings. But kdebindings does try it not break BC all the time by jumping
to newer SIP versions.)

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/