[PyKDE] PyKDE status and requirements

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 13 00:51:24 BST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 15:29, Torsten Marek wrote:
> Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > I'm slowly getting PyKDE ready for release. A snapshot doesn't make sense
> > at the moment, because there are changes necessary across all modules.
> >
> > Because of some function changes in sip 4.4, I don't think it's likely
> > that the next PyKDE release will work with older versions of sip - sip >=
> > 4.4.1 will be required (4.4.1 fixes a namespace bug in 4.4.0 that
> > affected PyKDE).
> >
> > Hopefully that change won't cause too much inconvenience.
> >
> > I hope to have something available in 1 or 2 weeks.
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> currently, I'm preparing sip 4.4 etc. for upload into Debian, and PyKDE is
> blocking it. Is there anything I can do to help to speed up things?

Do my tax forms for me? :)

I should have those done tonight, and then get back on it. It's already
upgraded to sip 4.4.1 (as noted above, REQUIRES it), and I just need to fix a
few things off the mailing list and upgrade to KDE 3.5.1/3.5.2, which isn't
much work. Hopefully I'll have it released by the weekend, or Mon/Tue at the
very latest.

Jim