[PyKDE] PyKDE building and the -j flag (again)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Apr 15 01:58:37 BST 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 14:32, Danny Pansters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm maintaining the FreeBSD ports for sip/pyqt/pykde. I'm once again having
> problems with the -j flag, but this time not across archs but for i386. On
> my box it works fine, on the FreeBSD build cluster it doesn't. For clarity:
> I'm dependent on the package build runs on the cluster to get feedback on
> archs I dont have, that's everything non-i386 ATM.
>
> Now, I understand what the -j flag does and obviously prefer j=1 where
> possible. In the past I've seen breakage on sparc64 and settled for j=3
> there, and j=2 for other non-i386. This seemed to work, because for a while
> I didn't get any reports from "pointyhat", the ports build cluster. But now
> I get a report that I can't reproduce on my own i386 (P4) box:
>
>  c++ -c -Wno-deprecated-declarations -pipe -fPIC -O -pipe -Wall -W
> -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I. -I../extra/kde350
> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/python2.4 -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
> sipkdecorepart0.o sipkdecorepart0.cpp
> /usr/local/include/ktimezones.h: In function `PyObject*
> convertFrom_ZoneMap(void*)':
> /usr/local/include/ktimezones.h:191: error: `KTimezone::KTimezone(const
> KTimezone&)' is private
> sip/kdecore/ktimezones.sip:209: error: within this context
> /usr/local/include/ktimezones.h: In function `void*
> init_KTimezones(sipWrapper*, PyObject*, sipWrapper**)':
> /usr/local/include/ktimezones.h:340: error: `KTimezones::KTimezones(const
> KTimezones&)' is private
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp:9497: error: within this context
> /usr/local/include/ktimezones.h: In function `void*
> init_KTimezone(sipWrapper*, PyObject*, sipWrapper**)':
> /usr/local/include/ktimezones.h:191: error: `KTimezone::KTimezone(const
> KTimezone&)' is private
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp:10450: error: within this context
> sip/kdecore/kmountpoint.sip: In function `PyObject*
> convertFrom_KMountPoint_List(void*)':
> sip/kdecore/kmountpoint.sip:151: warning: taking address of temporary
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp: At global scope:
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp:34440: warning: unused parameter 'sipPy'
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp:34440: warning: unused parameter 'sipIsErr'
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp: In function `PyObject* convertFrom_Display(void*)':
> sipkdecorepart0.cpp:34478: warning: unused variable 'sipCpp'
> sip/kdecore/kconfigbase.sip: In function `PyObject*
> convertFrom_ulonglong(void*)':
> sip/kdecore/kconfigbase.sip:307: warning: unused variable 'LongLong'
> sip/kdecore/kwinmodule.sip: In function `PyObject*
> convertFrom_QValueList_2100 (void*)':
> sip/kdecore/kwinmodule.sip:111: warning: unused variable 'inst'
> *** Error code 1
>
> On my box it builds fine (updated to latest OS code before, this is
> FreeBSD6, but got same report for 5). In other (earlier on other archs)
> reports I'd see the same thing, not in the same place, indicating some
> system limit got hit. I realize that the warnings have nothing to do with
> the actual build error.

> [...]

I believe KTimezone is a different problem that's due to some variation in the
KDE source across distributions - I'm really not sure and would have to go
back through the list archives, but this has come up before, and isn't a
problem I have had here.

I'm about to get back to work on PyKDE - update to KDE 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 first,
and then go back through unresolved bugs from the list, including the
proposed dcop patch and KParts stuff from the last few days which I haven't
had time to respond to.

Be aware though that the fixes and next release of PyKDE will require sip
4.4.1 and won't be compatible with earlier releases of sip.

Jim