[PyKDE] KPart crashs

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 20 06:18:06 BST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 05:37, Daniel Marcel Eichler wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have KTabWidget in which i load a libkwordpart. Now, when i set the part
> to writeable, load a file and click with riht in the part-area, the whole
> app crashs. There is'nt any methods from me, which can cause the crash,
> and i do'nt understand the KCrash handler really. So, any hint?
>
> [KCrash handler]
> #9  0xb42748e0 in KWView::popupMenu () from /usr/lib/libkwordprivate.so.4

Hard to say without actually seeing the code. For example, are you using
KPart.MainWindow, setting up an XML file, etc?

The crash is occurring somewhere inside the KWord part though. If I recall
correctly (and I haven't looked at actually writing code for KParts in quite
a while), the menu merging is done via the XML file, and you're crashing
while trying to popup a menu, so I'd look at the KDE tutorials that relate to
that first.

As I said in my previous reply, I need to work up an example for KParts.
Something with a KTabWidget would be interesting too.

Jim