[PyKDE] Run-time error (Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintdevice)

Adam Tenderholt atenderholt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:20:44 BST 2006

I've built PyQt-mac-3.16 against sip-4.4.1 and QtMac-gpl-3.3.6 (static,
multithreaded) on Mac OS X (Intel, 10.4.6) using the built-in python (v.
2.3.5). Some of the examples3 programs run, but there are a few (e.g.
tablestatistics.py, bigtable.py, smalltable.py, etc.) that give the error
"QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice". I also
see this message when I install PyQwt and run some of its example programs.

I've tried compiling a non multi-threaded Qt as well, but it still didn't
work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam