[PyKDE] more on the QTableView

basse basse at kulma.org
Sun Aug 27 11:32:34 BST 2006

I wrote couple of days ago about slowness of QTableWidget, and got instructed
that QTableView would be better way to go.. I kind of had that already
figured out, but the reason why I had sticked with QTableWidget was simply
because it already had the functionality I needed, and with using QTableView
I would have to implement lot of that myself. and it seemed very complicated.

anyway, I decided to try .. basic functionality I was able to add with
QStandardItemModel() as model, but it's not quite enough.
what about sorting? model seems to have sort() function, but nothing happens
when I use that. also, I couldn't find sortingEnabled() function anywhere, so
that my table could be sorted by clicking header.. ?

i looked into QProxyModel() as model, but it just got more and more complex..
looks like QProxyModel() can have another model assigned with setModel but..
uh, I just don't have enough experience on these views and models..
documentation seems to be mostly C api like, and I don't read C that well..

anyone willing to help me out?
or point me to a nice example, or a doc.. ?

thanks.

.b

--

http://www.kulma.org :: http://orange.blender.org