[PyKDE] Tina's question

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Feb 9 22:23:15 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2006 08:17 schrieb Tina Isaksen:
> Thanks Jim and Tobias!
>
> Sorry about the missing topic in my original post...
>
> I still don't get the basics I think. I haven't really programmed
> anything since BASIC some 20+ years ago so I'm a bit rusty.

Keep in mind, that you have to recapitulate several quantum leaps in
software development technics, if approaching from some basic dialect
knowledge 20 years ago.. Take your time.

Hmm, I highly suggest you to get your hands on this book:
http://www.valdyas.org/python/book.html
but the reported links are dead, unfortunately. You may find it
somewhere in a bookstore. Although quite old, the content is still
mostly valid as are the concepts..

Also, the PyQt distribution contains many very useful examples, which
are definitely worth to study.

> Anyway, instead of bothering the list with the absolute basic I have
> zip'ed up what I'm trying to do at
> http://www.bestemselv.com/admin_priv/timestable.zip
>
> So if anyone wants to waste their time helping me out getting a
> working script I can study I would really apreaciate it. It's just a
> simple timestable program to help me see how to pass variables
> between calsses/ scripts.

I took the freedom to mangle your files at my liking and added a
Makefile. I hope, you will find some ideas for grasping the basics.

Have fun..
Pete