[PyKDE] How to contribute to sip ?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 17:38:11 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 5:18 pm, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> > With one source file (plus lots of header files) the whole of PyQt4 takes
>
> 2
>
> > minutes 50 seconds on my 2GHz Opteron. Microsoft compilers struggle with
> > such large source files.
>
> My experience is that GCC cannot handle PyQt3 single-file version and takes
> like 20 minutes to compile it, while I can compile PyQt3 single-file with
> MSVC in roughly 100 seconds. Are you saying that this scenario is going to
> change with PyQt4?

Well it obviously depends on compiler versions...

MSVC v6 - can't handle large files.

MSVC v7 (ie. 2003) - my current Windows compiler, but I've never tried large
files.

GCC 3.4.4 - my current Linux compiler, handles large file.

GCC 4 - never tried it.

What Windows compiler are you using?

PyQt3 takes 4 minutes 40 seconds on my system.