[PyKDE] short PyKDE code which worked under KDE 3.3.x but crashes under 3.5.2/ 3.5.3

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Jun 2 23:34:01 BST 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 06:32, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> As topic states, code used to work, after update to 3.5.2 (or 3.5.3)
> crashes. I'm not sure if it's mine bug or KDE regression.
>
> Code attached, any hint appreciated.

I get a failure here too with KDE 3.5.2, but not with 3.4.2.

The backtrace indicates the crash is occurring pretty deep within the C++
code, so if it's a PyKDE problem it's going to be difficult to find. It's
hard to see how it could be a PyKDE problem though - the URL appears to be
fetched and the 404 page rendered in the instant before the crash, and
everything is happening in the C++ world at that point.

I'd try a C++ version and see if that works.

As far as the code, the only problem I could see is that your main window
should inherit from KParts.MainWindow, not KMainWindow, but that makes no
difference in the result. Calling openURL after the event loop is running
(via a push button) also doesn't make any difference. Neither did changing
the set* arguments to bool or varying their values.

I didn't try a different URL to see if that produced anything different.

Sorry.

Jim