[PyKDE] Installing pyqt4 on a debian testing (etch) sytem

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 19:13:41 BST 2006

> Well, if you build PyQt4 in debug mode I think it's pretty obvious that
> you also need the qt4 debug libs, is it? Or did you not specify the
>  -u switch?

Nope.  I did.

'python configure.py'  which complained it was unable to find a qmake
for V4.  So after I dug up what debian did with it.  I specified it
via -q.  So

'python configure.py -q /usr/bin/qmake-qt4'

was my command line.  The rest was defaults or autodetect.

> configure.py. I guess it'll include _debug libs if it finds that qmake
> reports these to be there, which of course might not be the case for
> distro packages...

Perhaps its a Debian issue with thier build of libqt4?  I would expect
that if I have not installed the debug package then qmake should not
report any debug libs available.

--
Richard A. Smith