[PyKDE] Installing pyqt4 on a debian testing (etch) sytem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 19:58:15 BST 2006

On 07.06.06 13:13:41, Richard Smith wrote:
> >configure.py. I guess it'll include _debug libs if it finds that qmake
> >reports these to be there, which of course might not be the case for
> >distro packages...
>
> Perhaps its a Debian issue with thier build of libqt4?  I would expect
> that if I have not installed the debug package then qmake should not
> report any debug libs available.

No, if at all, it's an issue with Qt4's build-system. There's a
configure option called -debug-and-release, this will build a
QtCore.so.. and a QtCore_debug.so... in the same make run. Debian then
just needs to put the QtCore_debug.so.. into the -dbg package.

Anyway, configure.py should always link against QtCore.so if -u was not
specified, IMHO. I don't even know how configure.py now get all the
information, because qmake alone doesn't tell you - maybe it lets qmake
create a Makefile or something like that.

Andreas

--
Accent on helpful side of your nature.  Drain the moat.