[PyKDE] eric3 and translations for qt4 programs

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jun 28 18:28:44 BST 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 12:55, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to generate a translation for a qt4 program with eric3
> 3.9.0 and it seems that there are a couple of issues (the project is set
> to be Qt4 project):
>
> 1. Invoking Qt linguist on the ts-file tries to call the qt3 linguist

That might not seem to be correct (will be changed in 3.9.2) but the *.ts
files have the same format in Qt3 and Qt4. That means, you can savely use Qt3
linguist to translate Qt4 apps.

> 2. I think the translation-page should have an option to add existing
> translation files. I'd like to have my translation files under
> <project-root>/ts and not under <project-root>/<mainpackage>.

Open the Project Properties dialog and enter in the field Translation Prefix
whatever prefix you like. E,g. ts/lang would result in a file ts/lang_de.ts
if you add de to the list of translations. If there is already such a file,
it is accessible and part of the project after the add.

> Andreas

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach