[PyKDE] Problem with PyKDE and sip 4.4

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Mar 25 15:50:11 GMT 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 3:07 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Saturday 25 March 2006 02:33, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> > sip: sip/kdecore/kstdaccel.sip:30: The struct/class has already been
> > defined Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
>
> It looks like sip is having a problem with namespaces used in more than one
> file. I'll have to d/l sip 4.4 and try it to see if I get the same problem.

There is another problem - some handwritten code is using SIP v3 functions
which were never part of the SIP v4 API and have been removed. Also it's
using code that appeared and disappeared during v4.4 development.

Jim, how do you want to handle this. Can you produce a new snapshot, or do you
want me to hack at the existing one?