[PyKDE] Problem with PyKDE and sip 4.4

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Mar 25 16:29:20 GMT 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 07:50, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Saturday 25 March 2006 3:07 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 March 2006 02:33, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > > Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> > > sip: sip/kdecore/kstdaccel.sip:30: The struct/class has already been
> > > defined Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
> >
> > It looks like sip is having a problem with namespaces used in more than
> > one file. I'll have to d/l sip 4.4 and try it to see if I get the same
> > problem.
>
> There is another problem - some handwritten code is using SIP v3 functions
> which were never part of the SIP v4 API and have been removed. Also it's
> using code that appeared and disappeared during v4.4 development.
>
> Jim, how do you want to handle this. Can you produce a new snapshot, or do
> you want me to hack at the existing one?

If you upload a patched sip snapshot tonight, I can get on it late tonight or
tomorrow here. I should be just about ready to do a final release (I stopped
for some sip changes and never got going again) - I've only got a couple
minor changes to make (like enabling exceptions for khtml), so I should be
able to get the whole thing out by Tues/Weds.

Jim