[PyKDE] Killing QApplication

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue May 2 17:27:22 BST 2006

Paul Waldo wrote:

> I'm trying to be a good boy, so I have a lot of unit tests for my
> python KDE application.  Each of the tests run fine individually, but
> when I run them all together, it seems that the application refuses
> to die.  The first test runs fine, but then subsequent tests give
>
> QApplication: There should be max one application object

I can't help with PyKDE, but I can assure you that Qt 3.3.5 has *numerous*
bugs in the X11 backend which makes impossible to create and recreate a
QApplication from scratch in the same process. I debugged this very hard
some time ago, and I found out that the X11 backend does not reset *many*
global variables correctly, after application quit.

I never reported this to Trolltech though, since I never had time to do it.
It would be good to do a bugreport. Also, I have no clue whether this is
fixed in Qt4 or not.

BTW, the Windows backend is fine in this regard.
--
Giovanni Bajo