[PyKDE] Support for the unitest framework of Qt

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Sep 22 13:37:41 BST 2006

Phil Thompson wrote:

>> Is there planned any support for the Qt Uni Testing Framework?
>
> No plans. It seems to use templates for some things (addColumn())
> which makes it a real pain. Is there a useful subset you can identify?

In my opinion, the testing *framework* itself is not very useful: we have
pleny of them in Python already (unittest, etc.) and in an average PyQt
program there will be other tests not related to Qt. I guess an average PyQt
program with tests will use a Python framework for tests.

What is very useful, instead, are the functions to *implement* tests, like
keyClick(), mouseMove() and similar functions. I'll prepared a short list of
functions/macros/enum in the QTest namespace which I believe would be very
useful in PyQt:

enum KeyAction
enum MouseAction
keyClick()
keyClicks()
keyEvent()
keyPress()
keyRelease()
mouseClick()
mouseDClick()
mouseMove()
mousePress()
mouseRelease()
qSleep()
qWait()

Anything else, like the QTEST/QVERIFY family of macros, are part of the
framework, which I personally don't plan to ever use in a PyQt application
anyway.
--
Giovanni Bajo