[PyQt] Presenting Minirok, a 2.5k lines app in PyKDE (and thanks!)

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sat Aug 25 18:45:17 BST 2007

Hello there.

Since it doesn't seem to exist a whole lot of free software applications
written in PyKDE (at least I only count 4 in Debian/Ubuntu), I thought
I'd drop a line to say that there's one more now.

But first, I would really like to thank the PyKDE authors for providing
such a comprehensive and high quality set of bindings. Despite my first
troubles with them [1, 2], I'm very happy I did stick to them, since
they've enabled me to achieve my objective with little annoyance. Keep
up the good work, and hopefully the bindings for KDE 4 will be complete
enough!

  [1] http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2007-August/016865.html
  [2] http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2007-August/016869.html

Now for the application, Minirok, it's a small music player which I
wrote to replace Amarok, partly because I was becoming unhappy with it,
partly because I wanted some Python project to work on. The look and
feel it's mostly the same as Amarok's.

  http://chistera.yi.org/~adeodato/code/minirok/

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es