[PyQt] Presenting Minirok, a 2.5k lines app in PyKDE (and thanks!)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Aug 26 06:20:24 BST 2007

On Saturday 25 August 2007 10:45, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> Since it doesn't seem to exist a whole lot of free software applications
> written in PyKDE (at least I only count 4 in Debian/Ubuntu), I thought
> I'd drop a line to say that there's one more now.
>
> But first, I would really like to thank the PyKDE authors for providing
> such a comprehensive and high quality set of bindings. Despite my first
> troubles with them [1, 2], I'm very happy I did stick to them, since
> they've enabled me to achieve my objective with little annoyance. Keep
> up the good work, and hopefully the bindings for KDE 4 will be complete
> enough!
>
>   [1]
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2007-August/016865.html
> [2]
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2007-August/016869.html
>
> Now for the application, Minirok, it's a small music player which I
> wrote to replace Amarok, partly because I was becoming unhappy with it,
> partly because I wanted some Python project to work on. The look and
> feel it's mostly the same as Amarok's.
>
>   http://chistera.yi.org/~adeodato/code/minirok/

Thanks for the nice words, especially after I haven't been too helpful in
fixing remaining PyKDE bugs.

I am spending a lot of time on PyKDE4 (for KDE4), and one of the things I'm
doing is trying to both test and develop working examples for as many of the
classes as I can before the "official" release sometime in October.

I do appreciate your earlier bug reports, and will try to make sure those are
fixed in the initial release.

Thanks again,

Jim