[PyQt] What about a community site ?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu May 17 01:23:18 BST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 07:49:32 +0200, Piotr Maliński wrote:

> Monday 14 of May 2007 02:37:55 David Boddie napisał(a):
> > > I know Django quite well and I can help :):)
> >
> > That's a kind offer! However, I think we need to start by looking at
> > what's possible with the current MoinMoin installation, especially with
> > regard to theming and dynamic content. If you're familiar with MoinMoin
> > and want to improve the Wiki, I'm sure you can get an account with
> > suitable privileges to get things done.
>
> I didn't used Moin so I can't help with this application.

I don't want to stop you from developing another community site, especially
since you seem to be so many ideas for one. I'm just slightly worried that
we would end up with lots of different sites and not enough maintainers for
them.

I notice that you've written some tutorials for PyQt recently, and I think
it would be good if more people got to see them. Sites like techbase.kde.org
are attracting a lot of attention at the moment and, although a PyQt
community site would help raise the identity of the project, it also seems
like a good idea to contribute tutorials and information to existing KDE
sites to reach the audience that they attract.

Of course, lots of articles about pure PyQt applications might not be what
people want to see on TechBase, so maybe there's still a need for a pure
PyQt community site. It would be interesting to hear what other people think
about that.

David