[PyQt] MAC Intel and PowerPC

Jason Hihn jason at eyemaginations.com
Wed May 23 22:15:16 BST 2007

If you can keep your application as one stub .py file, and the rest in a
.pyc, you can accomplish the same thing. The pyc is byte code and platform
independent. Also, I recommend putting them in a zip file as t hey are
highly compressible, and you can in your stub, modify the import search path
to include the zip file.

Of course, you then need to universal binary for your interpreter. So I
don't know if that helps you, or makes it worse. I've only dealt with
win/Linux PPC compatibility.