[PyQt] PyQt 'make' fails on Leopard Default Py install

Scott Willman scottwillman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:02:38 GMT 2007

It's actually an inconsistency with the Qt pre-built installer for mac and
Leopard. It appears that it was built on Tiger and something must have
changed in the os. If you download Qt as source and build it it works with
the aforementioned minor alteration for Sip's site-packages location. The
issues with Qt and the site-packages location for the sipconfig module
appear to be unrelated.
Previous fix: (thanks Andy!)
ln
-s /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages
/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages