[PyQt] PyKDE4 Update

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Sep 4 10:57:30 BST 2007

Good Morning Jim,

Am Dienstag, 4. September 2007 05:56 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> On Monday 03 September 2007 12:08, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Awesome, Jim.
> >
> > Am Montag, 3. September 2007 18:14 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> > > The module lineup is about the same as PyKDE3, with a few changes.
> > > kfile has been rolled into the kio module, kabc/kresource are
> > > dropped, kmdi no longer exists, kspell is now in kdecore/kdeui as
> > > Sonnet, the solid module has been added, along with (tentatively) two
> > > modules that allow scripting plugins for the Kate editor.
> >
> > Could you elaborate the reasoning behind dropping kabc/kresource
> > briefly?
> >
> > Is it missing upstream also?
> >
> >From the comments downthread, would you want kabc or akonadi? Do they
> > need to
>
> part of PyKDE, or can they be in a separate package (along with other
> add-ons)?

I think, Andreas suggestion is the sanest: split it the way, KDE does.

> Can you write some example code for kabc? I'm still skeptical about the
> PyKDE3 version, as there was some class or global variable or something I
> had to omit from the bindings. I'd like to know these are usable before
> releasing them.

It will take a bit of time, but yes, I'm working on a project, where
interfacing with kabc is on the schedule. Hopefully, I can get around
writing some "probe code" for the major usage patterns soon. I'll get you
informed.

Kind regards,
  Pete