[PyQt] PyKDE4 Update

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Sep 4 04:56:19 BST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007 12:08, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Awesome, Jim.
>
> Am Montag, 3. September 2007 18:14 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> > The module lineup is about the same as PyKDE3, with a few changes. kfile
> > has been rolled into the kio module, kabc/kresource are dropped, kmdi no
> > longer exists, kspell is now in kdecore/kdeui as Sonnet, the solid module
> > has been added, along with (tentatively) two modules that allow scripting
> > plugins for the Kate editor.
>
> Could you elaborate the reasoning behind dropping kabc/kresource briefly?
>
> Is it missing upstream also?

>From the comments downthread, would you want kabc or akonadi? Do they need to
part of PyKDE, or can they be in a separate package (along with other
add-ons)?

Can you write some example code for kabc? I'm still skeptical about the PyKDE3
version, as there was some class or global variable or something I had to
omit from the bindings. I'd like to know these are usable before releasing
them.

Jim