[PyQt] Problem linking PyQt 4.3.3 on OS X 10.4]

Dylan Trotter trotterdylan at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 11 01:49:10 BST 2008

Thanks for the tip. I tried working around it using the method you suggested,
but I got unnerving warnings about conflicts due to the flat namespace. I tried
using "-undefined dynamic_lookup" which actually seemed to solve the issue. But
I then had to add /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.4/lib to my DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH
in order to get it to link properly at runtime. Examining the PyQt .so's with
otool finally allowed me to connect the dots since it indicated that they were
linking against:

/opt/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.1/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore

I had no idea this installation even existed, but it explained everything. The
configure.py script did correctly identify my /usr/local install of Qt, but it
also added /opt/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.1/lib to my framework path on link, so
that's why the link errors. In any case, I think there is something strange
with the configure.py script, but I'm not familiar enough with it to identify
the problem. I suspect it'll be reproducible in similar circumstances.

Hope no one wasted their time on this one!

-dt

http://phanatic.hu/archives/2007/11/building-qt-4-and-pyqt-on-mac-os-x-leopard/