[PyQt] problems with QTextBrowser

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Tue Apr 15 20:52:08 BST 2008

Dusan Zatkovsky schrieb:
> Hi there.
> I have problem with QTextBrowser. I am writing db app, which (basically) asks
> user for some rich text ( using dialog with QTextEdit ), then it receives
> that text as html ( doc = self.ui.textEdit.document(),  text =
> doc.toHtml() ). That html is converted to base64 and stored to database then.
> On other place, it is readed from db, decoded from base64 and following code
> is called:
> html = utils.decB64 ( data )	# this is my own decoding method, because i
> 						# am 'hacking' base64 string ( not using =+)
> self.ui.textBrowser.setHtml ( html )		# textBrowser is QTextBrowser class
> 								# constructed by .ui file
> Browser shows only "<" charracter.
> Debugging the code, html is 'str' type and contains following string:
> p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
> font-weight:400; font-style:normal;">
> margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">fooo</p>
> margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0;
> It seems to be valid html code. I have tried to convert that string to
> QString, but without success.
> When I hardcoded that html string as one-line string directly to code (
> instead of calling html = utils.decB64.... ), html was shown right.
> What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea; the code looks good and should do what you expect. Some
tips to debug this: Query the textBrowser for its contents right after
setHtml() with getText() and getHtml().

Also, which version of Python, Qt and PyQt are you using?

http://darkviews.blogspot.com/          http://www.pdark.de/