[PyQt] Using PyQt within an application

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Fri Aug 15 16:52:19 BST 2008

On Fri Aug 15 15:37:09 BST 2008, andYpsilon wrote:

> Nuke (the application I am using) is not using pyqt, but python and I am
> starting the dialog through a python command.

Can you post some code, perhaps just a code snippet?

> Does the property u sent me end the main event loop? because it needs to be
> stopped, otherwise I can't use the application, because it crashes while
> doing something with the main event loop running.

In a normal PyQt application, if you only create one window and start the
application's event loop, then closing that window will cause the event
loop to stop running. The property I mentioned will tell PyQt to keep
running the event loop even when the last/only window has been closed.

It shouldn't cause Python to quit as well. That depends on what else is
happening in the program.

David