[PyQt] Introducing PyDingo

piotr maliński riklaunim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:59:44 GMT 2008

2008/12/1, Michał Andrzej Woźniak <mikiwoz at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Dnia poniedziałek 01 grudzień 2008, piotr maliński napisał(a):
>
> > In theory there can be more than one widget-handler for the same thing
>  > (default QScintilla editor could be overriden with for example Kate
>  > KPart if someone uses KDE). So using all those KParts would be cool,
>  > but if I would use them as required dependency - I get KDE related app
>  > (and I want it to be more flexible).
>
> Ah, sorry, mentioning Konqueror and Dolphin - and the whole app being
>  Qt-based - made me think you were going to write primarily KDE-targeted
>  an app (so the deps wouldn't be a problem).
>  It would be a cool thing to be able to use KParts should one want to/like
>  to. Anyway, just an idea for version 1.x. ;)

It has to run on Linux/Win/Mac :) And it has to work nicely with
QGtkStyle - looks native on GTK WMs. pykde4 is on my todo list to see
what I can use. If KParts, KIOslaves could be reused easily without
massive pykde code writting then who knows ;) Probably at v 0.5 all
questions will be answered :)