[PyQt] QtGui.QMotifStyle not in PyQt?

Igor Prischepoff igor at tyumbit.ru
Wed Feb 13 13:34:22 GMT 2008

Hello, Phil.

> ----------------
> And second question: anyone of you guys use custom themes like
> NorwegianWood for example?
> Do you build your own or just use embedded in Qt? (plastic, cde,
> etc..)

> Those sorts of decisions should normally be left to the user, not the
developer.

Yeah, I'm agreed on that, I just wanted to provide my own custom skin for
user to decide which one to use.
When creating skin I want to  subclass from ready skins.(like Motif for
example)
C++ code in Qt example which is based on MotifStyle seems not very hard to
convert to python.

But creating own custom skin from scratch in python is a lot more work.
Looks like it's not easy in PyQt to create one.

> Also how can I build QtDesigner package in order to use custom widgets
> in design time?
> May be there is binary build somewhere?
>
> My info:
> winXP, python 2.5, PyQt 4.3.3, Qt 4.3 Open Source Edition.

> You need to build Qt and PyQt yourself as non-static.
I found a good and clean wiki page on that. Downloaded sip and pyqt sources.
Will try to build one myself :)

igor at tyumbit.ru