[PyQt] How to write a GUI interface for a set of Python programs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 06:38:13 GMT 2008

On 28.01.08 14:55:45, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Many thanks for your prompt answer.  I use openSUSE 10.3 and thought I already
> had Qt4 installed.  Looking at the Yast package list, it would seem that this
> is so.  I do not remember how I installed the QtDesigner - I don't think that
> it came in a suse rpm package, as yast does not show it.
>
> I was wondering at the version number of my QtDesigner (3.3.8). Can I assume
> that it should be 4.4.x if Qt4 is used?

It should probably be 4.3.x currently (4.4 has not yet seen a Beta
release). I don't know how SuSE packages Qt, but usually the various
bits are split across multiple packages, i.e. one for the libraries, one
for the header files and another one for developer apps like designer.
In Debian there's even a separate package for each designer version
(qt3-designer vs. qt4-designer).

A search in Yast should help finding it, in any way I'm pretty sure SuSE
does ship the Qt4 version of designer, its part of the Qt4 sources which
they use to build the packages.

> I confess to have been wondering at the strange numbering of QtDesigner, but
> concluded, evidently quite wrongly - and stupidly - that it must be separate
> numbers from the Qt version.

No, designer uses teh same versioning numbers as Qt itself, only the
qmake buildtool has its own version numbers.

Andreas

--
You have a strong appeal for members of your own sex.