[PyQt] core dump in pyqt application

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 09:08:19 BST 2008

On 07.07.08 12:09:56, Iván García wrote:
> Can I use then SendEvent or PostEvent as you mentioned before within my
> thread in order to call the Main QT thread and then change the title of
> the appwindow?

Please stay on the list.

Yes I think you can, all you have to do is create a QEvent subclass for
holding the title you want to display (or the statte of your server) and
then use QApplication::postEvent( YourEvent("somestring"),
someGuiObject)

someGuiObject needs to be a QObject subclass implementing the event()
method. Thats where your event will be delivered and where you can then
access its data. Obviously you need to pass that object to your
background thread when you're creating the thread.

Andreas

--
Be careful!  Is it classified?