[PyQt] QDateEdit With DataMapper - No Tab traversing?

Chris M chris.pm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:15:32 BST 2008

Not sure if this is a qt, pyqt (or something in my os environment)
problem, but...

I have a QDateEdit widget which is mapped to a database date field.
The issue I have is ...

I can tab into the widget, ie into the 'dd' of 'dd/MM/yyyy' but cannot
tab onto the 'MM' and from MM cannot tab to 'yyyy'. However, I can tab
from 'yyyy' to another control.

If I comment out the datamapper line then I can use tab as expected.

I have checked the book examples from Rapid GUI Programming with
Python and PyQt and see the same problem there.

My versions are 'Python 2.5.2 - Qt 4.3.4- PyQt 4.3.3 on Linux 2.6.24-19-generic'

Any help would be much appreciated as this is kinda a show stopper for
me - I am trying to make this form as quick as possible to use for
processing orders.

Chris.