[PyQt] PyKDE4-4.0.2 release

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Mar 11 17:48:21 GMT 2008

On Dienstag, 11. März 2008, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> PyKDE4-4.0.2 is now available at riverbankcomputing.com.
>
> It includes some minor fixes to problems that were preventing PyKDE4 from
> building against KDE 4.0.2, the addition to kdecore of some global
> functions for retrieving version info about KDE and PyKDE4 (see "Using
> PyKDE4" in the documentation), and some additional changes to the docs.
>
> This release should build against any KDE4 version currently in release.

Hi,

I have a dual installation of KDE. KDE4 is installed alongside KDE3, which is
my main desktop. The environment variable KDEDIR is set to /opt/kde3
(openSUSE 10.3). This makes configure.py to pick up KDE3 instead of KDE4.
Here is an excerpt of the output.

--------------------
     PyKDE version 4.0.2
           -------

Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.5
Python version is 2.5.1

sip version is 4.7.5-snapshot-20080229 (4.7.5)

Qt directory is /usr
Qt version is 4.3.4

PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip/PyQt4
PyQt version is 4.3.4-snapshot-20080307 (4.3.4)

gcc version 4.2.1
no concatenation

KDE base directory is /opt/kde3
KDE include directory is /opt/kde3/include
KDE lib directory is /opt/kde3/lib64
lib directory is lib
KDE version is 3.5.9 (0x30509)

PyKDE modules will be installed in /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/PyKDE4
PyKDE .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip/PyKDE4

PyKDE modules to be built:
   kdecore solid kdeui kio kutils kparts khtml

Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

I would expect configure.py to check, if the KDE version found is really a
KDE4. If not, it should try the other alternatives (i.e. the default paths).

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach